Crescendo Trust and it’s supporters make a life-changing impact by shaping brighter futures for rangatahi through music, creative industry and audio engineering mentoring for youth aged 12-24. At our studio rangatahi can access the latest technology and industry mentors. This is all made possible through donations from generous kiwis, philanthropic businesses, corporate sponsors, and the Crescendo studio.
Crescendo Impact 2022
In 2022, 85% of our young people transitioned into further education, training or employment. The remaining 15% of our young people will continue with our programme and remain in alternative education.
Crescendo has a vision of empowered NZ youth with a strong sense of self and the courage to make positive decisions for their future. We strongly believe that anyone, given the right environment, encouragement and support can flourish into the best version of themselves.
At Crescendo, we have a passion for creative arts and believe in their ability to create strength and confidence in those who embrace them.
Our Mission: To engage rangatahi through sound, creating positive futures in our community.
The Crescendo point of difference is that, through our mentoring programmes in music, radio, film and photography, young people are able to directly engage and connect with people working in the creative industries. This enables them to learn about a wide range of industry relationships, knowledge and skills.
Our rangatahi benefit from exposure to real-world industry experience and training connecting them to employment opportunities and access to further education pathways.
The focus is slightly different with each individual, but the goal remains the same; to empower the young person to make positive changes in his/her/their life.
Celebrating Their Success
Since 2012 we have supported over 3000 young people throughout Tāmaki Makaurau.
Our impact in numbers for 2022:
In April 2021 The Collective showcased a docu-series on Crescendo and a few of the young people who are supported by us. Watch The Collective now.